Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jesus in a Jar of Marmite?

Claire and Gareth Allen of Ystrad Rhondda (Wales) noticed the image on the underside of the Marmite lid as they were putting the yeast spread on toast.

Gareth said:

"When I first looked at it I wasn't sure, but when I moved it away from me it started coming out. I thought yeah, she's right - that's the image of Jesus.

Personally I think it looks more like the head of a Celtic warrior especially since it is in Wales - so perhaps its the spirit of Owain Glyndwr that is with them!

The human mind is built to see patterns and will make a pattern at any conceivable opportunity. The miraculous face of Jesus has been seen before in many places including on toast (presumably without the aid of Marmite but it did require cheese)  and even on a dogs bottom! Perhaps the last is not a miracle at all....hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Moderated but I wont delete ones that are dissenting!